Have A Question? We may Have the Answer!
Personal reasons, more hygienic, sports related benefits for athletes, improved appearance, eliminated stubble growth, enhanced muscle definition, smooth look & feel – to name a few. Plus, why shave every day.
I've been Waxed Before And Have Had A Bad Experience, How Are You Different?
Wax in the City staff are highly trained in all areas of waxing. Knowing how not to bruise and tear your skin comes with experience and using the right product to get the best results.
How long Will Waxing Last?
Each person varies, some 3 weeks some longer, but we recommend regular waxing appointments every 4 weeks. It all depends on how smooth and hair free you want to when you can be free for up to 4 weeks!!!
Will It Hurt?
Everyone’s pain threshold is different. Your first time will generally hurt the most then after thateach subsequent wax will become easier as there will be less hair to remove so will not be as uncomfortable. A lot of clients do mention that the experience isn’t as bad as they thought it would be. Taking a couple of Ibuprofen 30 minutes before your appointment can help reduce the discomfort.
Is It Safe To Wax Whilst Pregnant?
Any waxing including brazilian during your pregnancy is perfectly normal and not harmful to you or your baby. Wax in the City staff have waxed many expectant mothers throughout their pregnancy right up to their due date, so you are in highly experienced hands.
How Long Should My Hair Be Before I Wax?
A minimum of 1cm/1/4″ long – or make your appointment 3 weeks after your last shave. Please do not be tempted to trim yourself if your hair is overgrown, leave that all to us, we don’t want you to be taking too much off and not getting the end result you want.
Do Men Really Get Waxed?
They sure do and just as much as women and why not, Men want to be smooth too!
How Long Will A Waxing Last?
Your wax should last you anywhere from three to six weeks.
What Is The Difference Between A Basic Bikini, Bikini G-String and Brazilian?
Basic Bikini - We wax the hair that could show through a bikini and a little on top.
G-String Wax - We wax the hair outside the bikini, creating a thin strip of hair from top to bottom. (Inner butt not included)
Brazilian - We wax it all off from the front to the Inner butt.(Strip or triangle optional)
Before Your Wax Service:
Waxing is a popular option for keeping your skin smooth for weeks. To make sure you’re ready for your next waxing appointment at Wax in the City, here is the best way to prepare.
1. MEASURE UP – The ideal length for hair is approx 1/4″ or 6mm. Still unsure? No biggie, we’ll gladly trim you up before your wax. For all you shavers, make sure to come at least 2 weeks after breaking up with the razor.
2. CLEAN HOUSE –Take a warm shower before your appointment to help open your pores. Put the loofah into play to help smooth your skin and prevent ingrown hairs.
3. BE PROACTIVE – We aim for more of an “aw” than “ow” experience. Try popping an aspirin or applying numbing cream 30 minutes before your wax. This will minimise involuntary yips and yelps.
4. BODY SCAN – Give yourself a once over before you book to ensure your skin is free from cuts, scrapes, moles, skin tags and cold sores. Trust us it’s better then finding out the hard way.
After Your Wax Service:
Please follow these waxing tips to minimise irritation and possible discomfort:
1. TAKE CARE – Taking the time to exfoliate and moisturise regularly is the key to keeping your skin smooth, soft and free of irritation.
2. COOL OFF – Steer clear of prolonged exposure of heat – including saunas, steam rooms, sun bathing, as well as intense exercise for 24 hours after your wax.
3. DITCH THE RAZOR – We recommend never shaving in between appointments. Razors will throw off your natural hair regrowth and cause the hair to grow back coarse.
4. EMBRACE NATURE – We advise keeping your freshly waxed areas clean and free of products, including lotions, gels, deodorant and perfumes until the following day to avoid any irritation.